In today’s blog post I’ve decided to share a recipe to making thick, fluffy pancakes. I found this recipe on the Jamie Oliver website. You can make these pancakes large or small, it’s all up to you.
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 115 g plain flour
- 1 heaped teaspoon baking powder
- 140 ml milk
- A pinch of salt
- First separate the eggs, putting the whites into one bowl and the yolks into another
- Add the flour, baking powder and milk to the yolks and mix to a smooth thick batter
- Whisk the whites with the salt until they form stiff peaks and fold into the batter.
- Heat a good non-stick pan on a medium heat. Pour some of your batter into the pan and fry for a couple of minutes until it starts to look golden and firm
- Loosen the uncooked side with a spatula and flip the pancake over
- Continue frying until both sides are golden
Feel free to add any toppings of your choice onto your pancakes. I went for ice cream and drizzled Nutella over it. I then added strawberries, bananas and chocolate chips.
The waffle recipe can be found here.
Let me know if you try this recipe out in the comments below!