I’ve been slightly obsessed with chocolate chip cookies lately, especially ones that are crunchy on the outside but chewy on the inside. I tried out this recipe that I found online and the cookies came out quite delicious so I thought I would share it with you guys today.
- ½ cup castor sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1¼ cups flour
- ½ baking soda
- 160 g plain Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate or chocolate chips of your choice
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugars, salt and butter until a paste has formed with no lumps
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla, beating until light ribbons fall off the whisk
- Sift flour and baking soda then fold in the mixture with a spatula. Be careful not to overmix
- Fold in your chocolate chunks evenly
- Chill dough for at least 30 minutes
- Scoop dough onto your tray which should be lined with parchment paper, making sure to leave enough space between each scoop to allow them to spread evenly
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges of cookies have started to brown
- Take them out of the oven and enjoy eating them while they’re still hot!
Let me know in the comments below if you try out this recipe!